ZUZI! Dance is a non-profit arts service organization committed to catalyzing personal expression and healing for people of all backgrounds, ages, and abilities. Through movement-based art forms and somatic practices, ZUZI! Dance provides opportunities and resources for individuals to discover and confidently navigate their creative paths. We offer classes, workshops, and performances for our community to fully experience live art.
Every Day We:
- Support and advance emerging artists and ideas through instruction, residencies, and creative exchange.
- Enable access to our studios and theater space for community performers, artists, and instructors.
- Provide quality dance and movement education to students of all ages and abilities in a broad range of movement styles including aerial dance, modern, ballet, improvisation, Skinner Releasing, and contemporary dance.
- Produce programs that introduce audiences and community members to a wide spectrum of contemporary dance forms, bringing in local and regional talent.
- Provide outreach programs that engage minds and courage participation, promoting interdisciplinary dialogue and meaningful links between artists and the community.
- Foster dance literacy and advocate for dance as an essential component of the cultural vitality of our city, state, and country.
ZUZI! strives to lead as an artist-driven, community-centered dance space where we create partnerships and collaboration through education, artist support, and public performance.
ZUZI! envisions Tucson as a city where contemporary dance is a regular part of the cultural landscape, where movement artists are valued for their important contributions to culture and society.
ZUZI! keeps moving so we can keep our community moving!